Surgical gowns are a crucial form of personal protective equipment used by workers in the healthcare sector. Designed specifically for protection during surgical procedures, these gowns provide a highly resistant barrier to keep surgeons and healthcare providers safe from potentially dangerous pathogens. Explore our wide selection of disposable surgical gowns at SUNLINE Supply.
Types of Surgical Gowns
There are several types of surgical gowns circulating in hospitals nationwide. To be considered a surgical gown, apparel must be approved by the FDA as a Class II medical device. Considered a personal protective garment, surgical gowns are worn by healthcare professionals during surgical procedures to protect employees and patients.
Surgical gowns are categorized by their ability to handle certain risk levels. These levels are split into four primary AAMI ratings: Level 1, 2, 3 and 4. Level 1 gowns are generally used in minimal risk situations like basic care. Visitors also typically use Level 1 gowns when seeing a patient in the hospital. Level 2 gowns are ideal for low-risk situations, like regular blood drawing procedures or suturing. A Level 3 gown provides added protection during moderate risk of exposure scenarios, like surgical procedures or IV line insertions. Level 4 gowns offer superior impermeability with an effective viral barrier and are often used in high-risk exposure situations.
At SUNLINE Supply, we carry surgical gowns made from sterile, non-woven Spunbound Meltblown Spunbond (SMS) material. Our surgical gown options are disposable and intended for one-time use.
Features and Benefits of Surgical Gowns
Surgical gowns provide an effective barrier of protection to keep the wearer from coming into contact with blood, fluid and other contaminants. Surgical gowns include various features designed to keep the user clean without sacrificing comfort:
- Ultrasonic technology: Ultrasonic technology included in each gown promotes tear resistance and flame retardance for superior security.
- Breathable fabric: Our surgical gowns feature lightweight, breathable fabric for both comfort and durability.
- Secured cuffs and collars: Soft yet sturdy cuffs and collars add extra protection for its wearer.
- Pathogen resistance: SUNLINE Supply’s sterile surgical gowns effectively ward off pathogens with fabric that is resistant to fluid, alcohol, blood and static.
These features benefit healthcare workers as well as patients and employers in numerous ways:
- Benefits to the wearer: Advanced technology and superior design help keep the wearer safe from infectious or harmful material. Soft, lightweight fabric means healthcare professionals can wear surgical gowns throughout the day while remaining comfortable and cool.
- Benefits to the patient: A durable layer of protection can safeguard patients as well as surgical staff. The gown’s disposable nature ensures a clean clothing surface to keep any underlying bacteria at bay. The protective layer also prevents the wearer from spreading any bacteria to patients during surgery.
- Benefits to employers: Purchasing FDA-certified gowns also provides benefits to employers. Healthcare companies can enjoy peace of mind knowing that their surgical PPE meets the highest industry standards, keeping them compliant with workplace safety regulations.
Why Choose SUNLINE Supply as Your Surgical Gown Supplier?
SUNLINE Supply is an FDA-certified company known for distributing only the finest quality selection of approved products. Our online store is available around the clock, allowing companies to browse and order at their convenience. Most of our PPE is available immediately and we can package and ship your supplies to your location quickly. We sell disposable surgical gowns in bulk at a competitive price so you can get the supplies you need to outfit your entire facility with one convenient and cost-effective order.
With more than 80 years of experience in global distribution, SUNLINE Supply is positioned to help your workers stay safe and healthy. We manage our factories and facilities closely to ensure all products meet our rigorous quality standards. Before adding any items to our inventory, we ensure all PPE, including our surgical gowns, is compliant with regulations and offers fluid and flame resistance.
Contact SUNLINE Supply to Buy Surgical Gowns Online
If you work within a healthcare setting, you know that surgical gowns are a necessity for ensuring employee and patient safety during medical procedures. If you’re looking to properly outfit your hospital, SUNLINE Supply can help. We offer competitive pricing and 24/7 sales availability, making it easier than ever to buy surgical gowns in bulk.
When you buy your surgical gowns through our convenient online platform, you can rest easy knowing you’re in good hands. We sell only the highest quality FDA-certified surgical gowns that comply with both state and federal regulations. Contact us today to request a quote for your bulk order.