The Importance of PPE When Returning to Work
As individuals across many industries gradually begin to return to work, PPE can make a world of difference in keeping us all safe. When used in conjunction with other prevention methods — like social distancing, frequent handwashing and regular testing — wearing personal protection equipment can help prevent exposure and slow the spread of diseases like COVID-19. PPE can include apparel such as gloves, face shields, goggles, face masks and respiratory protective gear.
Why is PPE so vital to a safe return to work? Wearing protective equipment can:
- Provide a line of defense against airborne infectious germs: Sneezes and coughs can send up to 100,000 airborne droplets to a distance of approximately six feet. Wearing face masks and shields helps stop the spread of these germs, minimizing the risk of exposure and infection.
- Protect germs from being spread through contact: Quality gloves protect a wearer from picking up and spreading infectious material when touching affected surfaces.
- Slow the spread of communicable diseases: By reducing the risk of catching a disease by airborne or contact means, PPE plays a role in flattening the curve. This will help prevent further outbreaks, boost productivity in the workplace and keep our communities healthy.
Before bringing employees back to the workplace, employers should consider a number of factors to ensure they are taking the right approach to PPE:
- What type of mask best suits your industry and workplace?
- Will PPE will be considered voluntary or required?
- Will the employer or employees be responsible for providing PPE?
- Will the PPE in question potentially impact any job requirements or tasks?
- Will the masks be reusable, and if not, how will they be sanitized?
PPE for Offices
Many office buildings have open floor plans, which can be fantastic for productivity but problematic during a pandemic. Shared computer equipment, communal desks and close proximity provide plenty of opportunities for germs to stick and spread on hard surfaces. As a result, you may encounter a higher rate of workplace illness — costing your business valuable time, money and productivity, as well as risking the safety of your employees and clients.
Quality COVID-19 PPE for office workers provides an effective solution. Businesses operating in the corporate sector can promote a healthier environment, reduce the risk of illness and create a comfortable environment for customers by incorporating PPE into the workplace.
SUNLINE Supply offers a variety of PPE for corporate office employees. Outfit your office with FDA-certified equipment such as:
- KN95 and N95 masks: These disposable masks feature a combination of nonwoven fabrics and melt fabrics with a secure interior nose clip.
- 3 ply masks: Flat disposable masks can be tailored to fit around the wearer's face using an adjustable nose clip.
- Nitrile gloves: Nitrile disposable gloves offer superior strength and resistance against oils and chemicals.
Other recommended methods include applying hand sanitizer before and after using shared equipment, installing dividers between workspaces and encouraging employees to stay home if they experience any common symptoms.
PPE for Healthcare
PPE for healthcare workers is an essential step to flattening the curve and keeping our communities safe. Personal protective equipment serves as a vital tool for helping healthcare workers do their job safely while on the frontlines. Medical PPE is designed to protect the wearer from coming into contact with dangerous pathogens like the coronavirus, as well as many other bacteria and viruses. In addition to protecting healthcare workers, PPE can also safeguard patients from exposure during their treatment and recovery in the hospital.
Proper supply and use of PPE can help companies in the healthcare field to:
- Avoid and reduce workplace sickness
- Remain in compliance with health and safety guidelines
- Encourage peace of mind for employees, patients and their families
- Promote productivity and workplace satisfaction
Within a healthcare setting, OSHA recommends that workers wear a combination of PPE, including:
- Gloves: SUNLINE Supply offers bulk shipping on nitrile gloves, which provide superior strength and resistance to chemicals compared to latex, vinyl and rubber.
- Gowns: Our FDA-certified gowns and suits are designed to protect healthcare workers from pathogens and infected bodily fluids.
- Face protection:Goggles or face shields keep workers safe from chemicals or infected fluids coming into contact with their faces and eyes.
- Face masks: Outfit your hospital with 3 ply or 5 ply face masks designed to protect against contact with contagious airborne germs.
PPE for Industrial Companies
Another industry that has a high demand for personal protective equipment is the industrial sector. PPE for industrial workers is vital to creating a safe workplace environment.
In this industry, the need is two-fold. In a time of global health crisis, industrial workers need protective equipment more than ever to reduce the risk of contracting and spreading the coronavirus. Proper PPE, such as face masks and gloves, can impact industrial companies in a number of ways:
- Reduce worker sickness and subsequent lapses in productivity
- Mitigate the effects of interrupted supply and delivery
- Ensure customers and clients feel safe
Beyond the health factor, industrial workers require PPE for general workplace safety. Those in the construction or oil and gas industry, for example, face serious health risks as their jobs often entail handling hazardous materials and working in dangerous breathing environments. Quality PPE is designed to keep employees safe from contact with dangerous chemicals and environmental hazards.
For industrial workplaces, personal protective equipment should cover every area of the body, including hands and feet, eyes, ears, noses and faces. PPE also commonly includes body coverage in the form of hazmat suits and reflective vests. To meet these needs, SUNLINE Supply carries a range of PPE for industrial workers. Browse our full line of PPE including gloves, goggles and FDA-certified disposable masks designed to protect workers' eyes, lungs and skin.
With the right equipment in place, workers can complete their tasks without taking unnecessary risks. Keep your workplace productive, healthy and effective with a steady supply of all the PPE you need.
Order Your PPE for Business in Bulk Today
One of the most effective ways to resume your standard business operations safely is by implementing quality PPE in your workplace. As an FDA-certified company, we carry only the highest rated personal protective equipment for businesses across all industries from coast to coast. Our competitive bulk pricing and superior shipping speed mean your choice of PPE can be on its way to your workplace in no time.
Reach out to SUNLINE Supply today to request a quote for all the PPE you need.