How We're Giving Back
During this difficult time, we're doing as much as possible to help our friends, family, community and customers. This includes:
- Using our supply chain connections to get companies the PPE they need
- Starting the MEandPPE social media campaign
- Donating to great organizations that are making a difference.
- Sharing tips and recommendations
Keep reading to learn how we're using our expertise and resources to give back during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We created the #MEandPPE campaign to encourage people to wear masks to protect themselves and their communities as COVID-19 cases continue to rise.
Even with the vaccine being distributed, it is so crucial that people remain vigilant and follow the CDC recommendations this winter. We hope this reminder—that we are all in this together, but it starts with ‘me’—can help get us through the winter with less loss of life and tragedy.
We urge businesses to join the #MeandPPE social media campaign and share photos of their employees staying safe and wearing masks using the MeandPPE hashtag or tagging @MEandPPE on Facebook or Instagram.
Mask Wearing 101 From 9 to 5
With the onset of winter, we wanted to share some essential tips for employees and mask-wearing as temperatures drop:
- Employees who work outdoors may suffer from a wet or frozen mask. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) indicates that, once they get wet, masks become less effective and can be hard to breathe through. Provide or encourage your employees to carry two to three back-ups and switch out accordingly while they’re on the job.
- Serve as a source for inclusivity in the workspace. Consider your team’s unique needs and work to find the right safety solution for each employee. For instance, the CDC advises that if an employee has a disability, is deaf or hard of hearing, works with young children, or needs to read facial expressions, that it may be helpful to wear clear masks that show the wearer’s mouth.
- Foster a safe environment for employees. Feeling safe is critical, not only for the sustainability of business, but for employees’ mindsets. According to a recent Qualtrics study (PDF), employees are more likely to feel comfortable going back to work if their employer mandates that masks be worn by everyone.
- Communicate all steps that are being taken at the workplace to mitigate COVID-19 spread. Let employees know the procedures you are following, such as those recommended by the CDC to clean and sanitize.
- Provide work site testing. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) (PDF) states that employers may provide work site testing to reduce risks to the safety and health of workers.
SUNLINE Supply, a division of Arnold's Office Furniture, is a PPE distributor located in Bridgeport, Pennsylvania. We created SUNLINE Supply in response to the COVID-19 pandemic to aid those in need of essential personal protective equipment.
"It has been heartbreaking to see news stories of hospital workers wearing one mask for a week straight because they could not get more masks and other essential supplies. After 91 years in our family-run business and a decade of importing goods from Asia, we knew that our experience and dedicated staff could help. We started using our connections to import millions of masks early last spring." - Jay Berkowitz, President of Sunline Supply.
If your business is in need of COVID-19 testing kits or PPE products such as face masks, gloves, gowns and more, contact us right away. Our dedicated team of more than 50 employees will work around the clock to ensure you get the products you need with great customer service and affordable prices!